martedì 6 marzo 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday


Favorite Book Quotes
 
Oggi il tema della settimana è dedicato alle mie citazioni preferite di Amy Harmon, mi allontano dal tema della settimana perché la Harmon è troppo spesso sottovalutata e non lo merita per nulla!
 

“They can take our homes, our possessions. Our families. Our lives. They can drive us out, like they've driven us out before. They can humiliate us and dehumanize us. But they cannot take our thoughts. They cannot take our talents. They cannot take our knowledge, or our memories, or our minds. In music there is no bondage. Music is a door, and the soul escapes through the melody.”
― Amy Harmon, From Sand and Ash
 
“True beauty, the kind that doesn't fade or wash off, takes time. It takes incredible endurance. It is the slow drip that creates the stalactite, the shaking of the Earth that creates mountains, the constant pounding of the waves that breaks up the rocks and smooths the rough edges. And from the violence, the furor, the raging of the winds, the roaring of the waters, something better emerges, something that would have otherwise never existed.
And so we endure. We have faith that there is purpose. We hope for things we can't see. We believe there are lessons in loss, power in love, and that we have within us the potential for a beauty so magnificent, our bodies can't contain it.”
― Amy Harmon, Making Faces
 
“Every second I am a bird, I long to be a man. For you. For me. For the child I was so desperate to create. Not for Jeru. For us. You said I choose you because you are of use to me. And I did. But know this, Lark. I have loved you every moment of every day, and I will love you until i cease to be. Bird, man, or king, I love you, and I will always love you”
― Amy Harmon, The Bird and the Sword

“Everyone always talks about being color blind. And I get that. I do. But maybe instead of being color blind, we should celebrate color, in all its shades. It kind of bugs me that we’re supposed to ignore our differences like we don’t see them, when seeing them doesn’t have to be a negative.”
― Amy Harmon, The Law of Moses
 
“I believe in numbers. The ones you can see and the ones you can't. The real and the imaginary, the rational and the irrational, and every point on lines that go on forever. Numbers have never let me down. They don't waffle. They don't lie. They don't pretend to be what they're not. They're timeless.”
― Amy Harmon, Infinity + One
 
“I keep wishing you had had a better life...a different life. But a different life would have made you a different Blue." He looked at me then. "And that would be the biggest tragedy of all.”
― Amy Harmon, A Different Blue
 
“The most intimate thing we can do is to allow the people we love most to see us at our worst. At our lowest. At our weakest. True intimacy happens when nothing is perfect.”
― Amy Harmon, The Song of David
 
“The most intimate thing we can do is to allow the people we love most to see us at our worst. At our lowest. At our weakest. True intimacy happens when nothing is perfect.”
― Amy Harmon, The Song of David
 
“Being with you always feels like flying,” Maggie whispered.
“And being with you brings me back to Earth.”
― Amy Harmon, Slow Dance in Purgatory
 
“But alone is still alone however you come by it.”
― Amy Harmon, Prom Night in Purgatory
 
 
Questi tutti i romanzi che ho letto della Harmon, mi mancano solo il suo primissimo e l'ultimo che spero di recuperare al più presto!
 
Ricordo che la Harmon sarà presente al prossimo Rare che si svolgerà questa estate a Roma, 23 Giugno.
 
 
- A presto Susi
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

I vostri commenti sono l'anima del blog